Congratulations, EMMA! You are the 2014 UCC Chinese Student Rising Star
Congratulations, Emma Chen陈文萱.
Emma is a sophomore at UC Berkeley who not only challenges herself inside the classroom but outside the classroom, beyond her campus.
1. Researched with graduate students in two Biology labs in Berkeley for two semesters.
2. Took her minor in the third language-German.
3. Actively outreached to workshops and events in SF and Bay area such as Social Good Tech Talk and TEDxBerkeley.
4. Recently got into Summer Internship Program in Germany and worked in Singapore last summer through Berkeley Global Internship Program.
5. Took online course to gain more knowledge such as Human-Centered Design offered by IDEO.org
6. Audited non-major courses (Financial Accounting, Introduction to Business) in Berkeley to qualify for future business career.
7. Joined Ascend Marketing Committee, Marketing Community in Berkeley Strategy Committee, Berkeley Technology Review Marketing Committee, Archery Club, etc.
8. Became Cantonese Group Facilitator in Berkeley Language Exchange Program and organized different events.
9. Participated in case competitions such as Macy’s.
10. Learned Japanese as a forth language, self-study.
11. Kept reading books on Chinese culture and American culture even though school work is intense.
We will be holding an awards ceremony on March 28, 2015 in San Francisco, CA
Please listen to her interview on SingTao Radio http://www.chineseradio.com/main/%E7%AF%80%E7%9B%AE%E9%87%8D%E6%BA%AB/%E7%B2%89%E7%B5%B2%E4%BF%B1%E6%A8%82%E9%83%A8%E4%B8%80/